Colleagues

January 15 was truly a remarkable day for me. I came from a tough night shift and almost everyone was clueless that I was equipped to bid my sweet goodbyes. I was looking and thinking deep. This hospital gave me so much learnings, appreciation, and even depressions at times. But I knew I had a colorful memories and years with the structure more so with the people whom it houses. They treated me as a family. I wasn't ready honestly, I was expecting some bargains because it's the third stage of DABDA.

However, it went so well. Then I leave. I am smiling while my heart is crying. I don't know, I feel like I will be missing home.

I felt so much love from the people and even the patients. Atleast in my life I have heard phrases like "Salamat Nurse", "Ikaw ang favorite kong Nurse", "Nurse kain ka", "Galing galing naman ni Nurse".

Those are priceless.

I regret not being able to document as much memories as I could. But beyond the photos that I am going to show, thousand of good things had happened to my life. I was so blessed, I hope everyone knows how happy I am at the same time sad for leaving this facility. But of course, they wouldn't know this blog coz it is my private space unless they try to google me. They've done me good.




Oftentimes, we have emergency OR cases and one must do an extra mile of service to go to work on his/her rest day and fill up the needed staffs. I regret few times I've got to volunteer because for me  rest day are really precious. But imagine if no one would fill up for this void.  Health allied professionals are heroes in their own rights. The doctor in the photo is one of the best OB Gynes in town.


This is me participating in Lactation Management seminar. Together with our partner hospital that day, Sta. Cruz Hospital, we were taught on how to properly demonstrate proper breastfeeding to mothers as well as the right things to do when a child just came out from the womb.


This photo was taken during our OR duty and I was sharing my sentiments to Maam April. It is nice to know that there are people around who is willing to listen and give support to your emotional and professional dilemmas. That is why I believe I had a healthy environment despite the tough facade and nature of our work.


Maam April, Sir Aljay and me. The three of us were Junior Nurses and it is really a great achievement  that we finished a major operation with no hassle that day. Thank God. It was one of the nicest feeling ever, overcoming fear and welcoming possibilities.


It is a very rare occasion that you can have tea sessions with your duty mates. Matacha tea party c/o Maam Kints.


Dr. Sunga just arrived after a long vacation and he gave us this very tasty tupig from Pangasinan.


Like I said, a good service will be paid with free break fast, snacks, lunch and even dinner. This came from a good hearted patient who sees how tired we are that night.


When I was still new to OR, I was really scared to be the assigned nurse. But now it is already okay. I fear ER, glad I did not went beyond. 


This is supposed to be a video. My favorite co workmate, Maam Shine and Sir Art are talking in Kapampangan dialect. The mekeni mekeni dugdug doremi is at hype during this time.


Christmas party 2018 is very memorable, I remember I have to dance whilst I am attending to a patient who is currently on blood transfusion. I also received a lot of gifts. My patients were very understanding at that time. And they knew how hard it is in my position to be taking care of them all whilst I play a major participation in the event. It was a happy and prosperous night indeed.

I see a lot of kindness and a lot of heart in this scenario while I was taking the video. It was at that time when our ROD Dr. Pascual is facing a big problem and she still have to go to duty. We all feel her pain. Aside from that, there are a lot of patients that day. She was also tasked to cover up for the absence of Pedia Consultants. It was very hard on her part especially when relatives of the in- patient were going down to ER to express dismay. People are too harsh sometimes. Dr. Pascual tried to tame the irate relatives. It was a toxic day. Our nurse supervisor gives her a surprise the next day. Nurse Ria is our nurse supervisor, I know where she is coming from that time. She knows the feeling that she needs to stay strong and continue to serve despite the fact that she too is suffering from an ailing family member. That was intense. Questioning your priority and responsibility. Imagine, we are taking good care of other people while at the same time we fail to attend our family who is also in need. Strong hearts I may say. I belonged to a group of people with pure compassion.

Yes , we celebrated nurses week.


They are some of the people that I am going to miss. The Bulacan Girls. I love them.


I will also miss this, baby cuddling.

I regret I was not able to document the good times. But I tell you, those two years were undeniably the fruitful and well lived days of my life.

Fare well, Apalit Doctors.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

9 Tips to Pass the Nursing Board Exam