5 Bad Experiences to Expect During the Nursing Review


5 Bad Experiences to Expect During the Nursing Review





 Now I can tell myself, I had move-on from the board exam fever last May 30-31 at MLQU. Pass or fail, I have accepted them and I am very much thankful for that one of a kind nerve wracking experience. If I fail the test, at least I got to write some demotivators for soon board takers to read. Kidding aside, these were just five bad experiences I had while I'm on my extensive nursing review. It's up to you to believe and take measures to avoid them (even if they are unavoidable).

1. The sleepless nights. Admit it. You get so pissed with your reviewers every time they ask you to answer take home exams with 250 plus items. They seem injustice to us, right?
Just imagine your whole day doing nothing but to think and to listen ( and to go to the bathroom once in a while). And yet, these exam would try to steal another 3 more hours from your precious sleep. You may say, it's really ridiculous, but  we have to accept it takes a lot of sacrifice to be a RN.

2. Too much information for a day. A lot of us suffered from this, especially those who were unable to know the basic concepts because they weren't taught so well in college (like in my case). Just imagine a concept that you studied for about a semester will be compressed in just a matter of day or two. What more if you only knew a little about them? Too much information could cause you physical symptoms like headache and irritability. So it's better to recharge during the break and drink plenty of water. Take your analgesic if headache is intolerable.

3. Gaining weight during review. If nursing school could make you gain weight, review center can make your weight double. This was mentioned several times by different reviewers coming to us telling how students become fluffy during the review. Probably because of stress, limited physical activities, and too much thinking can make you so hungry.

4. Aging. Yes, they can make you look old. How? Water is needed to revitalize our main organs, particularly the skin. In review centers, you tend to limit drinking because you don't want to pee. If you pee, you will going to miss the discussion. If you miss a point in a discussion, there's a one percent possibility that you will also miss a point in the Board exam. 
Above all, stress. Stress stress stress is the main contributor for making one look old, however it also implies acquisition of knowledge and wisdom. So don't be ashamed if you look like one, when you become a RN and earning it will be restored :).

5. Inguinal skin irritation. Admit it boys and girls, it really hurts at the end of the day. I know, I had the same feeling too. Moist, combine with intense sweating and scraping of inguinal skin against the other. That's what you get from all day sitting and partial mobility. If it becomes itchy, it's disgusting already, you might considered fungal infection in that matter and purchase Nizoral cream immediately.


These were just some rants I had during my review but it doesn't mean I had them in mind the whole session. I gained new friends from different nursing school which sometimes I feel like were more friend to me than my own school mates.

 The best part of it was acquiring the  essential knowledge and skills to pass the board and compare those with other best students. And when you get out of the room, there's an ego telling you, not all the people in the world know what I knew today. And thanks be to God for sharing this life to me so I would still know them.

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

9 Tips to Pass the Nursing Board Exam